Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Time

I know it is getting really close to Christmas time and everyone is busy with all the hustle and bustle of buying gifts. But I think we should all take some time and remember some important things about this holiday season.
#1-Gifts, YEAH it's presant time! Give a gift get a gift. But, sometimes people get a little to caught up in all of it. Just some pointers for giving and getting gifts. If you have to think really hard in order to decide who to give gifts to then you really don't need to give them one. It's best to stick with close personal friends. Also you really don't need to go all out, just a nice little reminder that you were thinking of them should be good enough. Now as for getting gifts. Remember any gift is a GREAT gift, even if it isn't, as long as you are in front of the person you love it. (Personaly I love most anything so I never have to pretend I like something when I will most likely LOVE it!) Also do not forget to thank whomever is giving you a gift.
#2-Decorations, Aww the lights, the tree, the misletoe : ) , this is the best season when it comes to holiday decorations. If you feel like something is missing (and you don't have decoratons) then put up some color. I know it can be annoying to put up and take down things, but a nice wreath or even just a table cloth, can brighten any home around the holidays.
#3- The real meaning of Christmas, I realize how fun this particular season can be but, don't forget what it is really about. The birth of out Savior. So don't forget when you are opening your gifts (which you love by the way), to say a quick prayer where you just thank Heavenly Father for everything, or read the nativity story. Because the combination of the holiday and the true meaning of Christmas makes for a sweet month.

No comments: